Journey

Everybody has a book in them, or so it's said. But it's something else again getting it onto the page and to a place where it might be shared.

I have been writing since I was a young child. Always, my dream was to see my name on the spine of a book. Books gave me life, a dream to live by. Through their portals I could escape so easily into other worlds. Books also saved my life ... yes, really!

This is the story of my books and my journey as an author, including a very personal view of my journey through Life. I hope it will inspire and give hope to writers and readers young and old.

Getting published can be a waiting game. It's hard .. and getting harder. But then sometimes it can happen in an unexpected way and suddenly, we truly are living our dream. And we realise that it isn't after all the winning that is important, but the journey that is ours along the way.

I would love to hear from anyone who connects with what is written here. A signed copy of any of my books is available. You have only to write and ask:

janineharrington53@gmail.com







Friday 26 January 2018

NEW PUBLICATION FOR A NEW YEAR!!


 
Book Title: JUST AS I AM

Published by
FeedARead Publishers

Publication Date
15 January 2018

ISBN: 9781788762502

Price: £7.99 



Available from main bookstores, 
and from Amazon in 6-8 weeks.



'Being broken shouldn't make us ashamed of who and what we are ... We need to stand up amidst the brokenness, with praise, in prayer, knowing God accepts us with unconditional love, just the way we are.'

This is a refreshingly open and honest book, deeply personal and moving. The author's relationship with God was forged in the fire of Experience, and in sharing, emulates the beginnings of what we know today as The Salvation Army. With a PhD in Life, she offers an inspirational journey of faith, including her own hymns, prayers, paintings and pictures, demonstrating God as the strongest influence, the one constant.

William Booth, Founder of The Salvation Army worldwide, with Catherine his wife, began their ministry in the London slums, discovering people listened and identified when experiences were shared. It brought people together, opening their hearts, allowing God into their darkness and pain - a powerhouse of liberating Love, calling them to become one of His own.

The legacy of William and Catherine Booth is celebrated at Filey Salvation Army, where the author is an Adherent. This book is written in gratitude to them for life's greatest gift - to love and to be loved, and to belong as one of the Family of God ...

... just as I am.


This was a very different, challenging, and deeply personal book to write, sharing my journey of faith. It began unexpectedly, one warm Summer night at three o'clock in the morning when I awakened and felt the strongest urge to place myself in front of the computer. I had no idea then where that act might lead, nor the words channelled from some other place, flashing across the screen as my fingers skimmed the keyboard, hardly able to keep up with the flow. I had no thought or plan for this book. I was actually working on another, but immediately set it to one side as the research began, widening the story, stretching back in Time to another era, and other like-minded people who began something they could never have envisaged. 

The book was inspired ... the only way I can describe it is that I felt 'Called' to write. 

Now, as I hold the first copy of it in my hands, turning the pages, I know it was brought into being through love ... a Love without a beginning or end, a Love that remains eternal, consistent, unconditional, drawing me in as I hope Readers will be drawn through the portal by curiosity and expectation, to discover a Gift beyond words.

If it were to be the last book I ever wrote ... I would feel fulfilled, complete!

It was born out of a strong need to give something back to my spiritual Family here in my spiritual Home at Filey Salvation Army. I have been attending here each Sunday, becoming more and more involved in various groups through the week, finally committing myself to them as an Adherent.

Now the book is published, all monies from sales will go to Filey Salvation Army to further the different ways in which they work in the world, helping, supporting, enabling, empowering, listening, meeting and being with people from all walks of life.

They were there for me in my brokenness ... and they are here for me now with prayer, in praise. Wonderful people who don't judge or demean anyone, welcoming everyone regardless of their experience and need.

This book is dedicated to all at Filey Salvation Army ... with thanks, with Love xx




No comments:

Post a Comment