Journey

Everybody has a book in them, or so it's said. But it's something else again getting it onto the page and to a place where it might be shared.

I have been writing since I was a young child. Always, my dream was to see my name on the spine of a book. Books gave me life, a dream to live by. Through their portals I could escape so easily into other worlds. Books also saved my life ... yes, really!

This is the story of my books and my journey as an author, including a very personal view of my journey through Life. I hope it will inspire and give hope to writers and readers young and old.

Getting published can be a waiting game. It's hard .. and getting harder. But then sometimes it can happen in an unexpected way and suddenly, we truly are living our dream. And we realise that it isn't after all the winning that is important, but the journey that is ours along the way.

I would love to hear from anyone who connects with what is written here. A signed copy of any of my books is available. You have only to write and ask:

janineharrington53@gmail.com







Sunday 13 October 2013

LADY IN RED!!

Hello World,

This is just to share the brilliant news that miracles do happen and that 'happy ever after' do come true. On Friday 20th September this year, 2013, Tony and I married at Gretna Green: The Mill Forge, with a team who made every part of our time with them just that extra bit special.

It was a small gathering, but wonderful to have share the very special day with us my younger sister and her two boys, with girlfriend; together with my middle sister and her partner, and all the way from Armenia where she has been residing, my daughter and her partner 'H'. All the people I love most in all the world ... and my deepest sadness was that my parents who passed away some years ago could not physically be with us to see me finally happy and at peace.

The ceremony was at 10am, after which we left everyone to the prepared buffet in our wake and made a mad dash for the overnight ferry at Portsmouth. Our honeymoon was spent in La Rochelle, France, where we delighted in ambling through the little cobbled streets at the side of the harbour, enjoying whatever came.

We're still only just coming down to earth!

But then ... news in the writing world has suddenly set me on a different path, and already we are looking ahead to the future.

I will retain my maiden name for writing: JANINE HARRINGTON.

More news to follow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment